šŸ£ Easter Crafting: Pom-Pom Easter Tree šŸ£


Easter trees have become really popular in recent years, and here's my take on the trend- it's a pom-pom tree!

It's super stylish and fun to make- you could even get older kids involved in the pom-pom making. It's also a cheap and cheerful craft, as all the materials are pretty inexpensive.


šŸ„ You will need šŸ£

Large twigs (I used some fallen twigs that I found in a local wood)

White paint (either poster paint or leftover emulsion)

Wool in colours of your choice

Small pom-pom maker

Small craft scissors

Paintbrush

Strong craft glue

A jug or vase to display the finished tree

Plastic sheeting/dust sheet to protect your floors

šŸ° Instructions šŸ£

The first thing to do is to paint your twigs. I only gave the twigs a couple of coats of paint as I wanted them to have a slightly 'distressed' look, but you could make sure that the paint job on yours was completely even by adding a third coat of paint. It's a good idea to put down some plastic sheeting (or a dust sheet) and wear some old clothes for this job- I found that the twigs were very good at flicking paint!

Next, make the pom-poms. I used a pom-pom maker, using nearly the same method as I used to make the pom-poms for the snowman which was featured on the blog last Christmas- the only difference was that I used the smallest pom-pom maker that I could find. Apart from that, they were made in exactly the same way. Full instructions for this method can be found by clicking here. How many pom-poms you need will depend on the size of the twigs you have used and the look you're after- I made ten of them, but it's really up to you how many you want to do.

The final stage is to stick the pom-poms to the twigs using strong craft glue, and then once dry, pop the arrangement into a vase or jug of your choice. And that's it- your Easter tree is finished (hooray)!

Happy Easter!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This week on Flexiladiesyoga

This week on Flexiladiesyoga

This week on Flexiladiesyoga